Sunday, August 29, 2010

Antiquing and Collecting in Sagus, Ca.

Sagus is close to Valencia, where Magic Mountain is for you unfamiliar with the area. There used to be two antique malls across the street from each other, but one closed, and COUNTY ROADS ANTIQUE MALL is the last one standing. It's been here for years, and a few of the dealers who were across the street moved here. It's a mix of real antiques and garage sale stuff, but I always manage to find something. The people who work here are nice, and do appreciate your business.


One of our neighbors had a set of these in aqua in the 60s, and I never got to play with them, so I had to buy these. One is a bank, the other is a pencil sharpener. The original red pencil was missing, but it should be easy to find an older replacement.



One of their dealers has lots of paper: Victorian scraps, greeting cards from the 60s, and lots of cooking pamphlets from the early 50s on.




From the left, a Victorian fan advertising card,  a hand holding a rose advertising card,  a Christmas card with a woman walking a Pomeranian looks to be 20s or 30s, a Victorian prayer card (I'll be offering some reproductions of these on RubyLogan.com starting Sept.2) and lastly, a birthday card with gold foil and cool lettering from the 1960s.


                                                                               

                                             My final purchase: Life Magazine May 13, 1966, with Men's Mod clothes. The interior photos are black and white, which seems odd now. The article and story focuses on how strange these clothes look to older people while younger people love them. Ah, the Generation Gap....
                                                                               

That's it for this week. Next week: Pasadena City College. Last month, one of my favorite dealers had something I should have bought, and I hope he still has it. I'll be kicking myself if he doesn't...I'll blog about it later. Happy Antiquing and Collecting, Everybody!
                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment