Monday, August 23, 2010

Hello There.

Welcome! I love antiques, collectibles and old paper-- I've been collecting for over 30 years. I'll be posting on antiquing in Southern California, the things I collect and making shadowboxes out of the stuff I find.


This photo combines two of my favorite things: flea markets and dogs. This was taken early AM, August 22, 2010 at the Santa Monica Airport Antique Market. Today, I'm looking for photographs and images to use in my card series for my upcoming store, RubyLogan.com. Here's some items I found:

I collect old photos of showgirls and chorus girls.Before the tyranny of thin and cosmetic surgery, this is what women looked like. If you like them, I've got a note card series coming up soon on Ruby Logan.com
Here's some old postcards with great dog art-- those little doxies are so cute.The Airdale looks very regal. Dog cards and photo from the same dealer in the back area. Linda always has great stuff, intact scrapbooks and yearbooks. She also has lots of pinup girl postcards. Santa Monica is the first Sunday and fourth Sunday of the month. But the fourth Sunday is best-- Pasadena City college is the first Sunday and lots of dealers

go there instead. Here's a booth of great cosmetic jewelry-- the little Christmas trees in the front look like big pins but have stands that are welded on. These items (and lots of other great rhinestone pins) are from the Czech Republic. Not terribly old, but nicely made and unique. The little 60's collar pins were from the dealer next door-- they'll be fun to put in a shadow box or display with 60s stuff.
The next photo is Fairfax High school, the Melrose Trading Market. Lots of vintage clothing, modern art and antiques.

Here's some Christmas postcards I got at Fairfax, this is the last time of the year to get them cheap, they go up in price in September. I'll have copies of these available soon at RubyLogan.com for crafting and making cards. After this, we went to breakfast at Dupars. Happy Antiquing and Collecting, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool!! The Go Mod pins are great. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete